Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Art of Waiting

One of my pet peeves is being made to wait. When I make a business appointment or a date with someone, I make it a point to be on time. I can't claim to be on time ALL THE TIME, but I expect some amount of effort from the person I am meeting to make it to the meeting place at a reasonable time (10-15 minutes late is still tolerable). I guess this stems from the fact that I am uncomfortable being by myself in public places (an exception is when I have my laptop with me, or a good book...then I can stay in a coffee shop by myself for hours). My worst experience was when I was made to wait for 2 hours (you know who you are, Diane. HAHAHA).

However, given this pet peeve of mine, I consider myself to be a pretty patient person in "other" aspects (maybe to the point of being naive, yeah?). Sometimes I think I have *too much* faith in people: I wait for them to reach the potential which I assume is there; I wait for them to prove me right; I wait for them to come back; I wait for them to arrive.

And more often than not, I wait too long.

Well, fortunately (for me), for the past few months, I've mastered the art of being alone. And with this new-found skill, I've realized that waiting doesn't mean that I have to be stationary or stagnant. Waiting means that I can go on at my own pace. It means going full-speed ahead towards the direction I wish to take, and hoping (crossing my fingers), that no matter how fast and far I'm going, someone out there has the sense (and the heart) to catch up with me. Someday. :)

All systems go. I still have a lot of ground to cover. Cannot afford to wait around for the slow ones.

* * * *

Wait
by Get Set Go

Wait, wait for the dawn my dear
Wait till the sun gets here
And you will wait too long he will be gone
Wait, wait till the sun shines through
Wait till the sky is blue
And you will wait too long he will be gone, he will be gone

Ooh, he will be gone
Ooh, he will be gone

Wait, wait till the signs are right
Wait till the perfect time
And you will wait too long he will be gone, he will be gone

Ooh, he will be gone
Ooh, he will be gone

La la la la la ...

Wait till you don't doubt no more
Wait till you know for sure
And you will wait too long he will be gone now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?