Thursday, November 15, 2012

The JuJu-Challenge: Day 2

Yesterday, I wasn't the most optimistic person in the world, and I guess it was my fault that I failed JuJu-Challenge Day 1. I was too much of a "negatron." So for Day 2, I promised myself that I would be more optimistic. "I will finish ALL the juices today, and I will enjoy it!" is my mantra.

Day 2

I started the morning with a jolt. I slept through my alarm again, and I was running late for work. While I was getting ready, I noticed that my usually bloated tummy looked flat (hooray!). That's a good sign.

As soon as I arrived at the office, I stepped on the weighing scale (yes, I have a digital weighing scale on hand, which we use for our DATEM Biggest Loser program. Haha!), and I noted that I lost 1-lb since yesterday. Huh? That's not much of an achievement is it? Psssh. But still, I will not let that discourage me. 2 more days to go, maybe I will lose a total of 3-lbs. I know that it's completely water weight, but still! I shall work from there.

Bottle #1, the Green Bomb:

Ahh, green monster, it's you again.

I decided to pretend that I don't care (dedma lang). I opened the bottle and just drank it without hesitation. I was surprised that I didn't feel like gagging after the first sip. The taste wasn't too bad this time around! Maybe my taste buds were getting used to it. Hooray!


Oh, but before I attempted to drink it, I tried the mint tea (using the leaves they provided in the pack). It tasted like pesto in hot water. Maybe I was using it wrong :(

Start: 8:00 a.m.
Finish: 8:30 a.m.
Total time: 30 minutes!


Bottle #2, the Spicy Limonada:

My office is in the Fort, and I had a 9 a.m. meeting all the way in Quezon City. Estimating the travel time to and from QC, plus the duration of the meeting, I figured that I'll be away for the next 5 hours, so I took the next 2 bottles with me.

Unfortunately, I drank bottle #2 during the meeting, so I have no photo. :( The Spicy Limonada is my favorite drink. It's the easiest to take! It tastes more like calamansi than lemon, though...but that's ok. :)

Can I just say that travelling while on the cleanse is such a hassle? I had to stop by 2 gas stations to pee. Haha! Well, at least that's a sign that it's working.

Start: 10:20 a.m.
Finish: 10:30 a.m.
Total time: 10 minutes!


Bottle #3, the Red Giant:

I felt hungry by 12:30 p.m., and I was already looking forward to drinking the Red Giant by 1:00 p.m. However, I got back to my car at around 1:20 p.m. already, so I was 20 minutes late for my 3rd bottle. Good thing the insulation bag kept it cool. :) The Red Giant was my companion during the drive back to Taguig. It took me so long to finish it, not because of the taste (this is my 2nd favorite drink), but because I didn't want to spill this bright red juice all over myself or my car seat. I had to wait for full stops before I could take a sip or two.


Start: 1:22 p.m.
Finish: 2:22 p.m.
Total time: 1 hour


Bottle #4, Alkazest:

As I said during Day 1, this isn't one of my favorites. Probably the 3rd least favorite, because of its bitter aftertaste. I think it heard me and it plotted its revenge. How? You'll see in a while.


I took my sweet time drinking it because I was busy with work, so there were times when I completely forgot that it was right in front of me on my desk. Haha. ;) I finished it by the time I was supposed to leave the office. I couldn't leave just yet because the delivery of juices for my cleanse the next day was late. The package arrived at around 6:15 p.m. already, and the JuJu delivery guy apologized profusely...traffic on the way here was horrible, he said (in Tagalog. Haha).

No worries, dude. I had work to do anyway.

Start: 4:12 p.m.
Finish: 6:00 p.m.
Total time: Almost 2 hours


Bottle #5, the Green Bomb:

Maybe my morning taste buds are different from my evening tastebuds, because my evening tastebuds didn't like the Green Bomb. :( Drank this while watching TV (with an emergency glass of water by my side). I had to finish this quickly because I had to leave for QC with friends by 8:30 p.m.

No picture for this one, sorry. I was too engrossed in the evening news to remember.

Ton came to pick me up, and with him, he had some JT Chicken Inasal (pecho!) for take-out. For him to eat, obviously. Will power, Lesley. Will powerrrrrrr. :(

So since I had to leave the house for the night, I grabbed the last bottle from the ref and placed it into the insulation bag.

Start: 7:15 p.m.
Finish: 8:15 p.m.
Total time: 1 hour


Bottle #6, Salaba't Lemon (or is it?):

Before heading out to QC, we passed by Draft, Rockwell to meet up with Ton's other friends who are also going with us to QC. It was like torture walking into Draft. I could see tables piled on with orders of Hoegaarden, fish and frittes, sheperd's pie, and other yummy, deep fried, fatty food. It was like I had died and gone to hell. Hell, because there were so many temptations in front of me, and I could not have them!!!

So finally, we leave, and I grab my last bottle of JuJu like a lifeline. So what if you guys have fish and frittes? I have JuJuCleanse! Nomnomnom.

(ok, maybe the hunger is making me delirious)

I was dreading drinking the last one because of its strong ginger taste, so when I finally drank it, I was surprised that it did not give me the usual hot kick. "Hey, this isn't so bad," I told Ton, gulping down almost half of the bottle. "In fact, it kind of tastes like..." I trailed off, panicked, and grabbed the bottle cap.

Just as I thought. Alkazest has sought its revenge. Instead of grabbing the #6 bottle, I grabbed #4. :(

No picture here again, because I'm embarrassed to document my mistakes. Haha!

Bottle #6, Alkazest:

We were already on our way to QC then (and I was hungry!), so I decided to just finish off the contents anyway. Since I expected a ginger taste, this Alkazest was actually a welcome replacement. Ah, you sneaky Alkazest you.

Start: 10:45 p.m.
Finish: 11:00 p.m.
Total time: 15 minutes

The good news is, I finished all 6 bottles! Hurray! The bad news is, this is the 2nd day in a row that I wasn't able to drink the Salaba't Lemon. So now, I have 2 and 3/4 bottles in my ref. Poor, neglected Salaba't Lemon, don't worry, I will drink you this afternoon as a replacement for the Alkazest. :)

The JuJu-Challenge: Day 1
The JuJu-Challenge: Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?