Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Get 360 Fit, the 30-Day Challenge: WEEK 2

We are now at WEEK 2! As early as now, I can tell you that this is a good program to follow. Focus on health and fitness everyday is not such a bad thing. :) If I can maintain this program for every day of my busy life, I can probably reach my fitness goals in less than 3 months. I will get stronger, leaner, and more flexible, with the help of these basic exercises.

So what did they have in store for us this week?

* * * *

Day 8: Water is best!

Today's challenge was simple: stay away from canned drinks, softdrinks, juices, or anything other than water! This is a good challenge for me because I often forget to drink the required 8 glasses of water a day! :( Getting into this habit is beneficial because it will lessen my sugar intake, and it will help flush out the toxins from my body. Detox!

Drank water from my UP Yabang Cup!


Day 9: Power up the core!

Another day to focus on the core! We were asked to do 3 rounds of the series of exercises below:

Plank circuit:

- Low planks, 40 seconds
- Side planks, 35 seconds per side
- Glute Bridge, 40 seconds
 



Core integration circuit:

- 12 floor touch squats
- 12 push-ups
- 12 pairs mountain climbers
- 6 pull-ups or 12 body rows
- 12 full burpees with push-ups




I think I did well enough. :) I noticed that I had an easier time with the push-ups. I can finally say that I can now do full push-ups, baby! No more of those modified ones. :)


Day 10: FREE DAY, NOT! ;)

LOL. Nag-paasa pa talaga sa title. Today, we were free to choose to attend either an STC, Kettlebell or Body Weight Circuit class. I chose to attend the body weight circuit class in Makati (7:00 p.m.), since I was supposed to have a PT session that evening also.

The class was jampacked (with other challengers), and we were all tasked to do 3 sets of a variety of exercises: mountain climbers, planks, push-ups, burpees, lunges, etc.


Upon seeing my ngarag face after class, my coach said that it would be best if we postpone the PT, since he was planning to have me do many difficult exercises. It would be a waste if I do not have the full energy to do those exercises, so he pushed me to attend the Body Jam class at 7:30 p.m. instead. No complaints here, I love Body Jam class. :)


Day 11: We know you all love BURPEES!

Oh no, it's burpees time again. I thought 50 was bad enough, but no, they had us do SEVENTY (70) BURPEES this time! With push-ups!



Halfway through the exercise, I was surprised to realize that I didn't have as much of a hard time as I did when I was doing the 50. I took less rests in between burpees (before, I rested after every 10; now, I rested after every 15, I think). Great! I hope this means I am getting stronger!


Day 12: Try the Challenge Work-Out of the Month!

I had a PT session scheduled for today, so it was no problem for me to go to the gym. But I was late, and - you guessed it - my PT session was postponed again. Hay. :( Malas ata ako sa PT. Haha! Coach Mapi turned me over to another coach, though, to guide me through the Work-Out of the Month (weird, it says Work-Out of the Week on the board). I was asked to do as many rounds as I can of the following exercises, in 10 minutes:

- 10 squat to burpees (with 10-lb weights)
- 10 burpees to pull-ups
- 15 clean and press (with 10-lb weights)
- 30 alternate lunges (with 10-lb weights)
- 15 Russian Twists

That's me, not looking very  happy, doing the Russian Twists. Haha!

I'm sorry I couldn't ask the coach to take more pictures of me doing the other exercises. I was too busy dying from the "burpees to pull-ups" exercise he made me do. That was intense. At the end of 10 minutes, I was able to do one complete round plus an almost complete 2nd round; I just wasn't able to do the 10 "burpees to pull-ups." Sayang.

But at least I got my name on the board. Only female contender for the week, right here! :)

After finishing the challenge, I rested for a while, and Coach Mapi asked me to do 3 sets of the following series of exercises to complete my work-out:

- 10 burpees
- 10 push-ups
- 10 squats

Wala lang, madagdagan lang.


Day 13: Take it down a notch

"You're almost halfway through, good job! Go watch a movie, eat out, relax at home, do whatever you like today and just have fun! Time to recharge for the week ahead." This could be my most favorite challenge yet. Very timely, too, because I had a nail sparty (yes, it's a word combo: spa + party) at Coco Luca that afternoon, c/o looloo! :) Check out my review of the place here so you can see just how relaxing my day was!



Day 14: Take an afternoon jog!

Ok, so I didn't exactly follow the instructions to a T. Sunday afternoons are usually reserved for my family (we had mass in the afternoon), so I didn't have time to go on an afternoon jog. I wish they sent the instructions earlier so I could have gone for an early morning jog instead. :(

I tried to make-do with what I had, though, so I hopped on the treadmill that evening. The instructions stated, "light training for today!" so I went ahead and ran 3 kilometers on the treadmill, at an average pace of 7 km/hour. Not too shabby. I hope they consider this as a valid replacement!

I tried to take a picture before and during the work-out.

* * * *
 
14 days down, 16 more to go!!!!

Get 360 Fit, the 30-day challenge: WEEK 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?