Sunday, November 14, 2004

Active Lifestyle

I've been going on and on about how I want to lose weight...I've listed all of the things I should do...and all of the things I should stay away from.

Unfortunately, I've been violating all the food rules...it's hard to keep away from good food for long. :( One day last week, I was so depressed at work that I ate up most of the chocolate mallows in my food supply. That same day, Mark took me out to a Tempura dinner to cheer me up...and he bought me decadent chocolate cream pie at Brewing Point, because he knows that I'm totally inlove with that stuff. All of my hard work went down the drain (and all the fat came in its place) just in one day of stuffing myself with good, good food. *sigh*

The good news is, I've been religiously fulfilling my activity rules. :) I've been doing crunches everyday...and I'm slowly starting up an active lifestyle to keep me fit. :D

BADMINTON: Last Friday, Diane and I went to Club Badminton to try out the sport that's been the rage for the past year. It's true what they say: you'll really sweat buckets even after 30 minutes of playing badminton. In my case, though, I was sweating (and my face was all red! woohoo, tisay. harhar) because I was embarrased beyond belief. I suck at badminton. Well, considering that it was my first time to play, I guess it should be excusable. However, having the shuttle cock fall harmlessly to the ground everytime I try to serve the damn thing...it's humiliating. I was ready to surrender right then and there.

But...after an hour of playing, I am proud to say that I have improved. Sure, I may have gotten more exercise in stooping down to get the shuttle cock...but at least I've learned to serve properly...without missing, mind you. I'm definitely looking forward to the next game...as soon as my arm stops aching...

BASKETBALL: I've been thinking of playing basketball again. I truly enjoyed my summer when I took up Women's Basketball for my 5th P.E. subject. However, there isn't much opportunity for me to play basketball with anyone, anywhere. (anyone up for a game? Open to females only, please. Hehe)

Just a few hours ago, after stuffing myself (again) with a dinner of garlic rice and cheesy SPAM (yummm), I picked up a basketball and asked my sister to shoot some hoops with me outside our house. A while later, my cousin from across the street challenged us to a two-on-two game. It was the girls against the boys...my little sister and I on one team...my little brother and my cousin on the other. In the end, the Assumptionistas won 10 to 9 against the Ateneans. HAH! And the fact that the other team was composed of 10 year old boys didn't matter...;p Haha. We may have been taller...but they were better shooters...and man, are they heavy. ;p


BOWLING: Ok...so it's not exactly a very strenuous sport. But I love bowling. It's fun. :) It doesn't make me sweat, but at least my arm is getting toned from carrying around an 11-pound ball. :D


* * * *
I guess I'm just happy that I'm getting to be all sporty. It's nice. You should try it. As Elle from Legally Blonde says..."Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy! And happy people just don't kill their husbands, they just don't." Riiight. :D

This happy business isn't bad at all. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?