Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Early Morning Happiness

In the 5 months that I've been working in the office, I've always been the early bird. I would come to work at 7 a.m. (very much against my will), and I'd surf the net or take a nap until 8:30 when the official work day starts.

However, the Internet access of all the Juniors was removed (I cannot begin to explain my bitterness over that issue. But that's another story. *grin*), so I've resorted to early morning napping, doing the daily crossword (a newly ressurrected habit), or reading a good book.

This morning, I arrived at 7 a.m., as usual. But I felt too relaxed (but not at all sleepy) to just sit around waiting for 8:30 to roll around. So I went and did something I don't normally do (crazy, in my standards)...I went over to Starbucks to treat myself.

Walking around Makati (the nearest Starbucks to our office is quite a walk away), early in the morning is quite relaxing. No traffic. No crowds. The early morning sunshine mingled with the crisp, pre-Christmas air...there's only one word for it: invigorating.

Walking around a bustling city, strutting around in really nice clothes, and hearing your heels make this sharp click click sound, really gives you this adrenaline rush. It makes me realize that, hey...life is pretty good. It makes me want to splurge on a tall White Chocolate Mocha and a chocolate Belgian waffle. *yum* Full of calories and fat...but still *yum*. And I'm only a few sips away from the really pretty Starbucks Planner (I want it I want it I want it).

I'll think about the big dent it makes on my daily income later...For now, I am still trying to bask in the glow of my early morning happiness. Only 2 more minutes to go till the stress begins...I better make the most of it...

6 comments:

  1. Good about your found morning happiness :D There are times that it is truly relaxing just taking a stroll on your own, and treating yourself to something like your power breakfast :D By the way, when would your trip be if ever? Is it some time soon? How many leaves do you get in a year? Have you consulted your colleagues on how applying for leave works? Maybe you and your boss could compromise or something. I was the one who answered the two weeks, but maybe you can stretch it to a month :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rish, the trip will be this coming summer...we're leaving on the 15th of April, and we're coming back 30th of May.

    :( Leave is only 15 days a year, and given that, I can't even apply for it yet since I'm still on probation (I'm not qualified for leave next year pa, I think). 2 weeks is sakto 15 working days if I can get approved...pero my co-workers say na minsan medyo mahirap talaga to get the job back, especially if they're in desperate need of workers while you're gone. So parang, sorry nalang ako if someone else fills my spot. :( If there are still vacancies when I come back, eh di ok...if not, I have to go job hunting again. Sucks, huh? But I really REALLY want to travel! I'm SO torn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, 15 days is three weeks since we only have five working days in a week :D so maybe that isn't so bad. Just work hard until then and prove to them you're worth getting back, huh? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. Walking around during the early mornings in Makati, a nice aura of professionalism comes with you.
    But try walking around the area during hot or rainy days, i bet you wouldn't feel the same at all.
    Les, ur my bldg neighbor but we haven't even had lunch or cofee or dinner together until now. :)
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. leahtot here. hmmmm i really think you should wait na lang until after you become regular. sayang naman kse job mo noh lucky ka na nga you have one already (take it from me..ive been applying for over a month already wala pa rin!!! hehehe) at least pag naghintay ka ngayon..later on pwede ka na magvacation without having to worry about losing your job. diba? di bale...konting tiis lang yan. kailangan magtiis paminsan minsan hehe. Ü anyway..hope to see you really soon! MWAH! mishu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. about the leave, go to the states! don't worry. "coz' worry is wasteful and useless in times like these." trabaho lang iyan... they don't pay you enough anyways. :) Live life. The only painful regret is the regret comes from the stuff that you coulda and shoulda done, not from the effects of what you already did.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?