Saturday, May 13, 2006

Oh, Lonely Night

Friday night, 11:30 p.m. I'm in the car, all alone, driving home from work with my Hale CD as my only companion. "Kung Wala Ka" starts playing, and suddenly, the road seems too long; the night seems too dark and cold; my car feels too big and empty. Bah. Another bout of loneliness has hit me, and I don't like it one bit. :(

Is it the full moon today? Because I have this unexplicable urge to mope.

Hay. It's weird how those Hale songs get to me.

It's the only CD in my car, so Hale is the soundtrack of my life on my mad days, my frustrated days, my pikon days, my smiley days, and most especially my sad days.






Oh well. Tomorrow's another day with my car (and with it, my Hale CD). I wonder what kind of day it will be?

2 comments:

  1. hey les! hope to moon watch with you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how the long road is to a song.
    wake and fold,
    instrument wheels handing out the notes
    rests and clefts,
    foliage cheering me on, and on

    now, if only this tune could cease
    the doorway to your home the twinkle of an end
    not as a requiem,
    but as a silent, blissful repose

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?