Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What's In Store for 2007?

It has been 2 weeks into the new year, and I haven't really sat myself down to plan my life for 2007. I really should get started, though. Bleurgh. :P

New Year's Resolutions:

1. Get to work early (as in, 8:30 a.m.!) - I've been coming late to work (as in 30 minutes to an hour, late) since July of 2006. I'm just not a morning person. Blah. But for the past week into the new year, I've been consistently on time to work. Hurrah. Let's see how long this will last...Hehe.

2. Eat healthier - Now this is a bit tricky. I'm a natural eater - "natural" meaning that I eat whatever I crave, whenever I crave it. I've been trying to control my carb intake (I'm a voracious carb eater. I loveLOVElove carbs), and I've been staying away from junk food (*sniff* I miss Ruffles). 19 days into the New Year and I broke this resolution. Boo to me.

3. Drink more fluids - On the average, I only drink 4 glasses of water a day: one per meal, and one more glass stretched out during the day. Yep. Very unhealthy. Reason? Tinatamad akong kumuha ng tubig sa water dispenser, at tinatamad akong mag-CR. Hehe. This year, I hope to be more hydrated, for the sake of my skin, and my internal health. Hehe. :)

4. Be thrifty. - I aim to save at least 50% of my monthly salary. 60% if I can really put my mind into it. And I will put all of my savings into worthy investments. :) High five!

That's it, for now. Through these 4 resolutions, I aim to improve different aspects of my life: professional, health, social and financial. They all inter-connect together anyhow. :) Hehe. Good luck to me!


Things To Do:

1. Design Greenfields house! Look for inspirational images! Get started on the concept! Impress parents! Hehe. My first house project is my family's house. Well, my parent's retirement house daw. I have to finish this before I leave this August.

2. Get my room renovation over and done with! I so want to fix my room: to get all of my precious books, my shot glass collection, my Architectural Record magazines and my picture frames into nice shelves; to have a study table that I could actually use; and to have a really nice, and very functional bedside table.

3. Fix UK stuff. Confirm my place in UCL. Apply for accommodations. Apply for a visa. Get required books. Actually get the guts to do all of the above.

4. Arrange nice vacation for me, Mark and our friends. We have to have an out-of-Luzon trip during Mark's summer, and before I leave. More than one, if time and money permits it. :)

5. Think of a way to celebrate my birthday this year. Hmmm.

Ah. I'm sure I have lot more things that I have to do. Thinking of them gives me a headache. But they're all very exciting, very new things, so it's a happy headache. Haha. If there is such a thing.

Hurrah for 2007!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?