Saturday, March 17, 2007

Stress

Master Yoda says that I didn't make the right decision in choosing the promotion over graduate studies.

Isaiah the Magic 8 Ball says otherwise.

I, on the other hand, am on the fence about it. It's strange, because I made a decision already, I shouldn't be anywhere near any kind of fence.

I woke up today with a sore throat and a fever, apparently an effect of extreme stress and dehydration. The thoughts running through my head:

1. Ang init.
2. Shit. Sabi ko kay Sir Jojo papasok ako ngayon...Baka hanapin nya ako.
3. (after checking my office mail account) Argh. May teleconference sa Monday.
4. Kailangan ko magpagaling. Bawal magkasakit. Kailangan ko pumasok.
5. Kahit may sakit ako, papasok parin ako. May deadline sa Friday eh.
6. Kaya ko ba to???

I just realized that I will be living like this (early mornings, late nights, lack of sleep, lack of nourishment, constant stress, no social life) for the next year or so. Now I understand the roboticness (hehe. word inventor) of my boss. I used to criticize him for being such a workaholic. We even gave him a Click VCD for Christmas just to give him a hint. And - horror of horrors - I am starting to become like him.

Not good.

And the worst part is, this is just the beginning.

What the hell did I get myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?