Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Surprise, Surprise

"Anong oras ka uwi? There's a surprise for u here."

My mom texted that to me last night as I was on my way home from work. Immediately, my mind started formulating scenarios I'd like to be "surprised" with. There were a lot of things that entered my mind, especially as it took 30 minutes for the FX I was riding to fill up, and another 30 minutes for it to reach my village.

(Argh. I have a love-hate relationship with surprises. I loooove getting surprises, but I haaaaate the anxiety it creates, especially when you're warned before hand. Excitement --> Anxiety --> Disappointment. Boo.)

Just a few things that popped up:

1. My mom found some International Reply Coupons that I've been bugging her about for days. PhilPost has discontinued the production of these coupons, and I've been at wit's end tyring to figure out what to do as these coupons are a requirement for my UCL application which is due this month...
2. My brother brought home a box of Rowena's Buko Tarts from Tagaytay. But then I remembered that he wouldn't be coming home till Wednesday night. Poo.
3. My mom managed to bring home Prince William and somehow convinced Queen Elizabeth that I would be his perfect match, royal blood or no royal blood. OK, so maybe that's carrying my daydreams too far. Hehe.
4. That by some miracle, I have been awarded a full scholarship at any foreign school of my choice, regardless of the fact that I still haven't mailed out my application form yet. Hay. That would've been sooo cool.

As I drew nearer to home, I started bringing down all my high hopes in fear that I'll be disappointed (I was really really rooting for my car daydream to win). It was only when I was already 20 meters from the gate of my house that I figured out what my surprise could be...

The iHome system I had ordered from the States!

And I was right! It has arrived! Yay. :)

Prince William still would've been really nice, though. But maybe I'm only alotted 1 surprise a day. :D Hope I get another one tonight! A good one, please!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha in fairness, natawa ko dun sa prince william option mo.. :p

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?