Saturday, February 03, 2007

Standing Up Straight

Yesterday I skipped worked to get my spine aligned. 3 hours of a therapist pushing and prodding my vertebra into the center.

Turns out that my left pelvic bone was misaligned, and my spine had a small curvature (it looked like the letter 'C.' Ugh. Nasty). And my legs weren't aligned. My right leg was longer than the left by 3 centimeters.

It was pretty cool...and effective, I think. My posture has improved considerably. Before this session, I couldn't keep my back straight while sitting or standing. Now, it actually hurts to try to hunch over. Ok, so my back isn't straight as a rod yet, but I don't hunch as much as before. 2 centimeters lang, at most. Hehe. And my legs are now perfectly aligned. So I'm genuinly 5'6" on both feet. Haha.

The annoying thing is, I have to sleep on my back as much as possible, or else my spine will just go back to how it was. I had to quell my urge to roll over and hug my pillow (I sleep in the fetal position). Argh. And I have to refrain from crossing my legs.

I have to do some self-help exercises here at home, and I have to go back for a maintenance session. But it was worth it, I think. There's some slight discomfort, but the spino-therapist said that my bone and muscles are still getting used to this new arrangement. Yeah. Me too. Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. Hey les! this is so interesting. And I think this is exactly what I am experiencing on my left hip bone/lower spine.
    Can you send me more details? Like to which type of doctor should I consult? Or should I have it x-rayed first? etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?