Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mr. Car Sticker Salesman

The weekday morning drive makes or breaks your whole day.

I was able to leave the house earlier than usual this morning, so I wasn't really expecting a "manic-rush-to-work, oh-no-I'll-be-late" kind of drive. I took my usual route, cutting through an adjacent village to get to a public street. As I was about to exit the village, the security guard and some guy without a uniform flagged me down. They actually also flagged me down yesterday, but I ignored them because I was running late (hehe). I was stuck in the line going out of the gate, though, so I had no choice but to roll my window down (as the guy without a uniform was knocking obnoxiously on my window).

Guy: "Bagong car sticker po?"
Me: "Bibili nalang ako..."
Guy: "Kailangan niyo po ng bagong car sticker." (Hello, what did he expect me to do, buy one from him on the spot? Aren't car registrations required for that??)
Me: "Bibili na nga lang ako!" (roll window up and drive away)
Guy: @*&#!@*#

Ok, so I was being rude and mataray. But mister, you can't knock on people's cars and demand that they purchase your stupid car sticker right then and there, especially when they're on a rush to work. Do you really expect everyone to be so cheery at 6 o'clock in the morning?? NO.

You ruined my whole day Mr. Car Sticker Salesman (and also my route, because this means I can't pass there until I get my sticker, which won't be for a few more days hehe).

I can't wait to get my car sticker so I can drive by your stupid face and flip you off.

1 comment:

Your thoughts?