Sunday, February 27, 2005

I'm a Fan

Ever since TV ads and word of mouth have been building up prior to the start of American Idol 4, I have been waiting with bated breath for the TV series to start. From the auditions stage, I already mentally listed my personal favorites from each city; I laughed and booed along with the rest of the world when the really "walang-K" ones think they're all that; I sat in front of the TV open-mouthed and wide-eyed when weird or crazy contestants get their share of air time; I giggle like a schoolgirl whenever the really cute, really hot, or really sexy (male) contestants come on (/me melts) .

Watching American Idol is fun. It's unpredictable. It's nerve-racking. It's exciting. It's entertainment at its best. And Season 4 is even more spectacular (in my opinion), because there are more people to root for, more unexpected twists, and more raw talent. ;)

Out of the top 24 (currently whittled down to top 16), I have picked my favorite American Idol contenders. In no particular order:

Bo Bice. He didn't get much air time during the Hollywood segments, but Bo is really wowing everyone with his consistent performances, and his simple-pero-rock showmanship (sorry, I couldn't help but squeeze that in. Hehe). He's not really very pleasant to look at (to quote my sister: mukha talaga siyang caveman), but to watch him perform on stage really gets your adrenaline pumping. :D


Anwar Robinson. There's something about the way he sings that makes you feel relaxed. He's the favorite of all the older people, I think, because he has such a mature tone to his voice (Hmmm..I sounded a bit like Paula there. Haha), and he's the classic, his-notes-melt-in-his-mouth kind of singer. :) Go Anwar!



Mario Vasquez. He looks a lot like Jai from Queer Eye...or Wilmer Valderrama from That 70's Show. Haha. He's a really polished performer, I think. He's got it all: the moves, the voice, audience impact, looks. And he already has a really big fanbase, so he has a good chance of winning.



Constantine Maroulis. He's not really that cute (I think his smile & his double chin ruins the whole image) & he's picking all the wrong songs to sing during the semi-finals. But I dunno. There's just something about Constantine. He has this certain tremble in his voice (rocker pero smooth), and you must admit, he really knows how to seduce the camera (that sounded weird...but you know what I mean!). Constantine also has a LOT of fans. I guess people are attracted to what's different. He could win just on his sex appeal. Haha. :p

Scott Savol. He may not be everyone's favorite because of the way he looks. And he was sort of a jerk during the group performances. But I became a big fan of his voice ever since he sang during the auditions. It was like, wow. I didn't expect *that* to come out of *him.* Ang lamig ng boses nya.




Travis Tucker. He's cute. He has a good voice. He's macho. ;) And he can dance. God. Don't you just love boys who can dance? Ack! I think it's such a turn on. Hehe. :)




Mikalah Gordon. I'm part of the half that finds her amusing. I don't mind her being so talkative (ok, maybe the accent is a bit grating). She's fun (and she should have fun at her age), but she can pull off being serious (I love her last performance...). I just hope she doesn't perm her hair all the time. :p



Carrie Underwood. Farmer girl. :) I like her because she's wholesome, and sunny, and simple. She's not as primped and polished as the other girls, but that's what's nice. :) I think she has a good chance of winning (if she can outshine the boys), because she could be America's Sweetheart. :)



Nikko Smith. After listening to Part-Time Lovers for the nth time, I can finally say that I am a fan of Nikko Smith. He's such a smooth performer, no wonder Paula got goosebumps during his last performance! Hehe. :) He does look like Bobby Brown, though. Haha.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com Nadia Turner. Ok, so I was a bit thrown off by her 2nd performance (that whoa-oh-oh song na hindi maintindihan), but she really *is* a unique, exciting performer. That much she proved in her performance of "Tenderness." Wah, it was so good. :) I literally got goosebumps especially when she got to the fast part. :)




* * * *

My male favorites are noticeably more than my female favorites. The boys are already outshining the girls in the semi-finals, what more in the final round? It's kind of unfair that 2 more guys get to be voted out next week. The remaining girls aren't even HALF as worthy as the rest of the boys. :( If I had my way, I would have this shocking twist in this reality TV show: Instead of performing separately, the boys and the girls would have one big showdown, and the 4 lowest votes will get booted out, regardless of their gender. :p Hehe. That's kinda mean, though. :p

If I had to pick my top 6 girls, I'll probably say Mikalah, Carrie, Vonzell, Nadia, Amanda and Jessica (don't you think she looks like Shashee? Hehe). No to Janay! I can't believe she's still there! She always looks so *shocked* when she's singing. Argh. :p

I really think that the next American Idol will be a guy. If you look back on season 3, the male contestants didn't have enough oomph to win it: Matt was dull. John Stevens was even duller. George Huff was OK, but he didn't have enough appeal. JPL was cute, but his performances weren't wow. Yup. Season 4's males are definitely gonna make it big.

I can't wait. I'm such a fan. :) Hehe.

3 comments:

  1. paano si NADIA?! fave ko rin siya pero ung last performance niya was kinda... *uhh?* hahaha!

    GO TRAVIS!!!!!!! WAAAAH!!!
    GO MIKALAH!!!!!! GO CARRIE!!!!!!! GO BO (and yeah, mukha talaga siyang CAVEMAN!) :P

    and si JANAY! don't like her pero mukha talaga siyang AVATAR! diba?!

    and ANWAR... si BOB MARLEY...? heehee!

    diba diba?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di ba nagwowork comments page ko?? :( Testing testing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lesleypot!!! tama bang advanced kami dito ng ilang episodes? so i can tell u who got into the top 12 and spoil the surprise for you? mweheheheh! jk lang...but yeah i like Bo too (cuz i think he's sexy haha sexy caveman :p)...and Scott rin! (pero voice lang hehe!) and Anwar. :) sa ladies naman i'm only rooting for vonzell ba yun. but yeah! american idol's so fun to watch. yun lang hehe. i mishu!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?