Sunday, March 13, 2005

Shopping Aftershock

I'm one of those tamad-to-shop people. It's really abnormal, I think, as girls are supposed to be the avid shoppers in the species. But sometimes I just don't get the point of torturing my feet with 2 hours of walking around a really crowded mall (Other females, please don't disown me...).

I rarely go shopping. Especially nowadays that I don't have the time and I don't have the money. One thing I've discovered about my shopping habits, though, is that I may not go shopping very often, but when I do, I really pull out all the stops. It's like my mind is chanting "Bihira lang to, get everything you want, pay with everything you have."

And thay's exactly what I did yesterday at Glorietta.

My wallet is now devoid of all cash, and I have a hefty sum of utang when my credit card bill comes along. My mom already threatened to cut my credit 2 months ago when I spent a whole lot of money on spa treatments and some office clothes. I'm sure she'll be coming through with that threat this month when she receives the bill in her mail.

Whatever happened to my firm resolution to keep all my money in a time deposit account, or to invest it in mutual funds? Where did my "mature" financial mindset go?: Down the drain, the moment I spied those must-have shoes in the shop window.,

And I probably won't have any pesos left to convert to dollars for our trip next month. Oh no. I can't miss out on factory outlet shopping over there! Gaaaahhh! I need to stop spending! No more eating out! No more shopping! No more car washes! No more bringing the car to work on Fridays!

But still, I'm happy with the things I bought yesterday. My new, happy Birks. My 2 new, dressy tops from Ensembles. My new, girly top from Maldita. My iPod accessories (woohoo, my iPod looks so cool now). All the food I ate while shopping...Hehe.

Shopping (sans the blisters; sans the pushing and shoving; sans the taray salesladies), is actually pretty fun. Shopping on your own is pretty fulfilling too: You cover more ground, you go straight to what you like, and you can claim that you found that great-skirt-with-the-sulit-price on your own. Thing is, you spend more money (as there is no one to tell you when to stop), you might buy something really not worth its price, and you have no one to talk to or to giggle with when the lady in the dressing room next to yours is trying out a top that is so not right for her body type.

Yup. Shopping is good.

I won't be doing this again too soon, though. I need to give my credit card (and my aching feet!) some time to rest. Till the next good buy? :)

5 comments:

  1. hmm, i didn't know this side of ur personality. :)
    di pala tayo pwede magkasabay magshopping, kasi ako iniikot ko muna lahat ng mall to get the so called "best buy." in fact, naikot ko na glorietta, megamol, ever commwealth, sm fairview, and i still haven't found the hairbrush i like. hairbrush pa lang yun ha! wehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ako naman, kung ano mkita ko, bili agad. hindi ko chinecheck ung price, ung use nun, or anything. basta if it caught my eye, bili lang ng bili...=P

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeyyy speaking of your trip next month...tell me when ur comin over ha!!! cant wait to see u :) i'll be here till june so makikita kita for sure. ingats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. les ako, i'm at the mall EVERYDAY but bihirang merong akong binibili (food items not counted) hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mee mee mee shopping mee mee mee

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?