Monday, September 06, 2010

How To Use Your Pain to Achieve Great Success

I subscribed to Bo Sanchez's newsletter a few months ago, due to prodding from a friend. She says his insights brought her a great deal of comfort, and comfort is really what I need right now.

I've been receiving his newsletters for a few months now, but I was never really interested enough to read any of them. Up till now. I mean, how can you resist a subject heading that says: How To Use Your Pain To Achieve Great Success?

Pain? I had a lot of that. Great Success? I want that.

And so I read the email.

Here are a few excerpts that struck me the most:

Pain is fuel.
But like real fuel, it can do two things.

Fuel can catch a spark and explode, destroying everything around it. Or it can be harnessed in an engine and power a rocket to the moon.

What am I saying? Pain can destroy you or develop you.

It depends on how you respond to your pain.

If you respond with faith, pain can be the inner driving force that can change your life. Pain can be your fuel to rocket your launch to success.
Right now, you may be experiencing a lot of pain.

Perhaps your family life is a mess.

Perhaps your job situation is very tough.

Perhaps you always have no money.

Friend, this is not the end of your story.

You can overcome.

You can rise above your problems.

You can use your pain and make it fuel for you to succeed in life. You can rocket your way out of your pain and into prosperity.

I know this all sounds very preachy (since the words did come from a preacher's mouth), but the underlying message is that everybody experiences pain; everybody has different reactions to it. I guess I've realized that although having other people believe in you can fuel you to do great things, the push really has to come from within.

And I just want to clarify, that demanding / expecting is very different from believing. When you let down someone who demands or expects something from you, you disappoint that person; but when you let down someone who believes in you, you disappoint yourself.

I guess what I'm saying is that faith is never really wasted on anyone, regardless of whether they follow through or not. The real disappoint comes from failing yourself, from failing to push yourself to do what you are supposed to do.

Only now am I realizing that I've had the fire to succeed all along. I was waiting for other people to acknowledge me, to validate my role, to pat me on the back, to say "Congrats! You're awesome!"

I don't need to wait for that. :)

So why am I still blogging now? Haha. Onward! Let's make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?