Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Goodbye, Friendster

  • This farewell is long overdue.
  • One thing I learned from my MarkMa class is that everything we put on the web is already for public consumption. Our "brand" on the WWW is determined by the visibility of our sites, our information, our work. And so, I set out on a mission...check all of my social networking sites / blogs / and other information on the web (as seen by Googling my name).
  • Turns out that my brand on the web is very visible. :)) So I checked the links one-by-one to see if any of them were embarrassing, and if I can still do something about it. Haha.
For my Multiply site: I did some impulsive deleting of contacts from Multiply (sorry to those I've deleted, nothing personal. Add me nalang ulit haha), initially intending to keep all of my pictures but to keep them private.  Then, after realizing that I still needed the site to post pictures (and deleting my 300++ contacts manually was just too much work), I abandoned my plan and decided to revamp the look instead. Some of my best work are on Multiply. *sigh* But you can see them on my Flickr page instead. 

Will convert my Multiply site into a travel blog of sorts. Or something to dump all my photos in. Haha. :) (oooh, that's an idea. I should put up a blogger focused on traveling).

Another social networking site that NEEDS TO GO is Friendster. I was hesitant to delete it before (sayang kasi testimonials haha), but now that I look at it, I don't really care.

So I will now delete my Friendster. :)

But before I do, here is a copy of my profile, just to see how I was before. Reading it now, I don't think I really changed much (I *looooove* the 40 things that make me happy. It is SO me). :))

GOODBYE FRIENDSTER. It was a good run. :)

* * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?