Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Beware of the Desperate

*Due credit goes to Risha, who has such interesting topics to write about in her blog, thus inspiring me to write this entry. ;)

I have always believed that all women have a natural bitchiness that is brought out by certain things. There are those who choose to flaunt this side of themselves to the world; some who are pros without trying too hard; and some, like me, who tend to keep this trait recessive...who choose to bring out the bitch only when they have to, and most importantly, when they need to.

I bring out the bitch in me as a defense mechanism: when people block my way (walking or driving, it doesn't make a difference); when it's that time of the month and I don't feel like being cheerful; and most especially when there are stalkers-slash-psychos-slash-losers hovering around me (figuratively and literally).

I know most girls have experienced being ogled in public, especially while passing a construction site, or even while walking around a mall. Some guys have no shame whatsoever. Most girls I know react in almost the same way: they raise their eyebrows and glare at the culprit(s), cursing under their breath. That's already a mild form of bitchiness. What more if guys take one step further from ogling? Is stalking enough reason to bring out Cruella de Vil?

* * * *
For a stalker-free life...Do not promise friendship to someone who is clearly obsessed with attaining something more than that. The term friends may as well be synonymous to the terms puwede pa! in the mind of the desperate. And do not be so quick to reply "Who's this?" to random texters.
* * * *

My friends say that I attract weirdos because I'm too *nice*. People take advantage of the fact that I can never say no to little favors, or that I want to be friends with everyone. I have this twisted theory that everyone can be friends after anything: "You lied to me, but we can still be friends!"; "You hurt me so badly...but we can still be friends!"; "I don't like you in THAT way, but we can still be friends!"

But when delusional people mistake "friendship" as a bridgeway for something more...well that's not my fault anymore, is it? If they'd only take a minute to look up the word "friend" in the dictionary...Yeesh.

In situations like these, people shouldn't be surprised that there are a lot of bitches in the world. Women need to protect themselves, somehow. If not with the hard punch, then with the sharp tongue and with looks that could kill.

4 comments:

  1. grabe yung isang stalker, the one who tried asking if he had a chance through text, and asked you why you didn't like him. pathetic talaga.

    nakakadepress isipin - are there anymore decent guys in this world? what happened to plain and simple panliligaw? gosh. (although this is from the viewpoint of someone who's still single)

    thanks to you and rish for posting your stalker stories...made me feel luckier that I DON'T get to experience rudeness as often. hehe. tama yan. bring out the bitch in you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the credit! *blushes* Les, I think sa yo, literally stalkers talaga e, hehe. Ditto about the text thingie. (And in my case, YM too!) YM and text empowers "losers". Buti I don't have that many from Arki (well that I know of) since I wouldn't have been that comfy anymore hanging out in the college, hehe. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, both of you know Stalker #4. ;)
    And Stalker #6 is way creepier than him. I just didn't want to expound on it because it still gives me the creeps...Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shucks. na-curious tuloy ako dun kay stalker # 4. Hehe.:) Pero mukhang bad trip siya sa yo kaya di ko na lang tatanungin kung sino.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?