Monday, October 25, 2004

A few more minutes till Stress

This weekend has been the most relaxing weekend I've ever had.

/me closes her eyes and tries to bring back all the happy thoughts before starting another stressful week at work.

Last Friday, I met up with my college friends at Greenbelt 4. I wasn't expecting too many people...just Mikey and Mumty and myself since we're the ones who work around Makati. But surprises of all surprises, we were 7 all-in-all.

So what's new with everyone?

Mikey is still in the insurance business...he's on a diet, and he has inspired me to start a diet as well. Hahaha. Nothing as masochistic as the SouthBeach diet, though (God-forbid!).

Mumty is now a regular at the firm she's in...Congratulations! Inggit ako!

Joyce and Mia sound like they're having a blast at R.R. Payumo. Mia was greeted a Happy Birthday by Ethan of Survivor. I'm betting that 2004 is Mia's best birthyear ever.

Anna says she's still not a regular...But we all point out that her salary is more than the regular employees at our firms. Hehe.

Janrey is still the robot-that-could, snapping up sidelines here and there. :D

* * * *
I woke up early the next day (Saturday) to go jogging with my Mee. But after eating yummy Chicken Croquetas, pizza and pasta (at Di Mark's), and having a [free] Figaro Cappucino Frost the night before, I didn't really think that an hour of walking could do the trick. So we just gave up, ate rice, sisig and spaghetti for breakfast, and dropped dead for around 4 hours.

I had a relaxing Sunday with my siblings Laurence and Larissa (Levs was, as usual, on his own). I went shopping for diet food (tuna and fruit), then I enjoyed my carbo-loading hour while watching Shark Tale.

That evening, Michelle came by the house to pick up her reimbursements and her paycheck from Ma'am. You should see her. She's darker (golden!), she's THINNER (I swear, she looked almost petite! She actually looked smaller...as if the weight loss also caused her to shrink a few inches in height. Hehe), and she has BANGS. Hehehe. :) It was so good to see her again. Next time she's back from Palawan, she promises to plan the Makati dinner. :) *yay*

* * * *
In around 25 minutes, the work day will officially start. My group's OT will officially start today, and will end sometime in the middle of December. That means that my days of fun, relaxation and sanity are officially OVER. No more Friday-night gimiks. No more free Saturdays...

Not unless I play hooky every once in a while. ;) Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Yey! Les, thanks for updating me on what's up with everyone :D Wow, kakainggit si michelle. Wish we all could get a gig like that. And I couldn't possibly imagine how thinner she could get, haha. Oh and about the diet, don't follow someone else's plan. Try to plan one yourself that suits your everyday routine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, talaga? shucks, kakaiinggit naman si michelle.:) Kelan nga pala ulit siya balik dito? Dapat maulit yung dinner natin.:)

    Wag ka masyado maiingit sa regular status ko...because I'm actually still under probation (gosh, almost a year of being the apprentice/novice/beginner/etc....when will it ever end!?), and yung OT days mo sa Serendra would definitely boost your salary.hehe.:P Atsaka malapit ka na rin nila i-absorb no. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?