Monday, October 18, 2004

Uninspired

I don't feel particularly inspired as I write this entry. I feel listless, grumpy, lazy and annoyed all at the same time: not exactly a foundation for my usual *random whimsy.*

Nothing particularly interesting has happened to me in the past few days...Hmmm. Except maybe for the Oktober fest I attended at the German Club in Makati, along with a few AF people and Sir Mata. Yep. Interesting, maybe...Inspiring? Not really.

So what exactly inspires me? What makes me feel energetic, happy, dilligent and content?



  • The beach. Uh...Let's see...Vinyl flooring underneath me, not sand; fluorescent lights above me, not the sun; air-conditioner, not balmy sea breezes. Nope. Definitely not inspiring.

  • A good book. Aside from P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern (READ IT! It's charming.), I haven't done much good reading lately (blogs don't really count as books, do they?).

  • Good food. Temporary inspiration. After pigging out on my favorite food, I feel the fat settling on my hips and I'm just left feeling digusted about my lack of self-restraint.

Taking the list into consideration, it's no wonder why it's impossible for me to be inspired in the office. Tuh. It inspires me to go home, that's what it does.

* * * *

The trip home is an experience that presents different inspirations. Of course, there's the *happy thought* that I'm only a few hours away from home (yes, it's takes me at LEAST an hour and a half just to get home). Then there's this nightmare called *rush hour* that I have learned to tolerate by taking in the *excitement* of what's happening around me. That goes to show you how pathetic I am: I think driving along EDSA is exciting.

Thoughts while driving along EDSA (North-bound):

  • #1 Thought: GRABE, ang traffic. (no duh!)
  • Sana nagMRT nalang ako.
  • Hmmm...That girl in the Pancake House billboard (the one near Estrella) looks a lot like Mumty...
  • Buti nalang hindi ako nagMRT (after catching a glimpse of the sardine can they call the train). Otherwise, I'll be stuck staring at a sweaty man's armpit all the way from Buendia to Shaw.
  • Wow, ang ganda ni Claudine Barretto dun sa bagong billboard ng Folded and Hung (BIG improvement from her *I'm-a-sun-goddess* pic from before)
  • I want to watch the BOND CONCERT!!! (insert feeling of self-pity here)
  • GRABE, ang traffic (second realization as I reach the crest of the Guadalupe bridge, and see the red lights stretching up to Boni)
  • I wonder whose kids are those? They're so pretty! (upon glimpsing the Gingersnaps billboard on Guadalupe Bridge.)
  • What a waste of space. (in passing the Robinsons Apartelle building near Boni)
  • The traffic will probably let up when I pass Crossing.
  • Crossing. The traffic will hopefully let up when I pass MegaMall.
  • MegaMall. Oh, screw it. (At this point, I give up on EDSA and turn into the road leading to ADB Avenue)

After many more swear words later...

HOME. FINALLY.

Home. There's no place like it.
If only I can stay home and veg out whenever I feel like it...Just like the old days. *sigh*
College has spoiled me.


2 comments:

  1. hay... nothing like being home all day, watching the dvds of the movies you've missed out (or not mind watching over and over again) and vegging out in front of the tv. now THAT's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh. agree ako dun sa sinabi ni risha. the bad thing about it is that there are no breaks from work at all aside from Christmas break and the 15 days vacation leave. walang summer! bummer.:(

    hindi na natuloy yung pagtira mo sa place ng uncle mo? i really think it would save you the time and effort.:)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?