Thursday, June 09, 2005

"Mas Maganda Ako Sa Kanya!"

A few days ago, we were listening to an officemate rant about her recent encounter with her ex's current girlfriend. She would emphasize each sentence with, "Pero mas maganda talaga ako sa kanya." Most of us were amused, and we would encourage her with the occassional "Oo naman!" or the "Maputi lang sha." Hehe.

Well, I'm pretty sure that my officemate is prettier than the aforementioned girl. What struck me as funny is the fact that most girls (yes, me included!) would react the same way that she did when placed in the same situation: First comes the Scrutiny. Then comes the inevitable Comparison. And then all the Defenses come into play.The direction of the "defense" part is usually dependent on your self-confidence and the amount of resentment you carry with you. Oh, and humility too (or lack thereof). *grin*

Moreover, I think that people say/do things like that as a reassurance of themselves on some level. Something that gives you a slight illusion of getting one up over the competition. Because, let's face it: Girls will always have this secret resentment towards the girlfriends of their exes, or towards the exes of their boyfriends. So in actuality, the "Scrutiny-Comparison-Defense" routine works both ways. You might be saying "Mas maganda ako sa kanya!" But for all you know, she might be saying the same thing about you. *meow!*

Dont' get me wrong... I don't really do that sort of thing. Unless the girl is a total bitch, that is. Haha. :p Then bashing her would be no problem at all. You are gonna have a field day if the "girlfriend" you are targetting happens to be so not-pretty and a bitch, too! Grrrr. >:D But then, wouldn't you question the taste of your ex if that was the case? Yikes. :)

Hmmm...So what happens if the other girl feels that *you're* the bitch and then she starts bashing you? Well, here is where the catch phrase comes into play. You just go out and proclaim: "Eh ano? Mas maganda naman ako sa kanya!!!" Hahahahaaa. Hah. Oh well.

* * * *

"Does she tell you what you want to hear?
And I bet you she could grow a beard
I feel better thinking you were queer
It’s not fair
I can’t compare to an ugly girl

Hahaha the jokes on me
I feel jealous and I feel mean
She’s so nice that it makes up for her face
There’s no way....
...can't you see
You’re leaving me for an ugly girl."


* * * *

But then, if you're so pretty, stop acting so bitter and go get yourself another man. That shouldn't be too hard if you *are* as pretty as you proclaim you are, right? Riiiiight. :)