Sunday, June 19, 2005

Suko na ako!


This is me after my first attempt to exercise after a long loooong time. Hehe. :) Posted by Hello

* * * *

I have finally done what it is that I have been putting off for almost 4 years now...I have started exercising regularly (well, 2 days, so far!). I would always make excuses for not enrolling in a gym. "I don't have the time" and "I don't have any money!" are the more popular ones. :)

I would always complain that my metabolism seems to be slowing down, and that my appetite doesn't seem to show any signs of decreasing. I would wheeze after jogging for 3 meters, and I will blame it all on the pollution. I would binge on food very often, and I would comfort myself by saying that Hey, it's a special occassion! (Like when I splurged on a bag of Ruffles after I lost 5 lbs...that's a special occassion!)

But then, you know what they say..."Kung gusto, may paraan; kung ayaw, may dahilan." So I decided to stop being a person who constantly whines but does nothing about it; I decide to take the first big step. After all, that should be the hardest part, right? I mean, I hope so...

So I am now enrolled in Fitness First. And I am enjoying every sweat-breaking minute of it. :)

Hopefully, after a few weeks of working out, I won't crumple down on the floor after only 30 minutes of basketball (see picture above). Hopefully...

3 comments:

  1. whee! my meemi listened to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. I didn't know that this relatively young age our metabolism is starting to slow down. It isn't as easy to lose weight anymore. :( But you go girl, glad you've enrolled in the gym. Yeah, I'm still in the "dahilan" mood of saying I don't want to spend for goign to the gym so I still stick to my home taebo video ;) but in fairness, i guess without my regular excercise I would have been a whale by now already. Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi les! :) kakainggit! nagbasketball ka. :( i remember you shooting hoops, AF shooting competition ata yun. can't remember kung kayo ng partner mo nanalo pero ASTIG! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?