Monday, September 27, 2004

All about food

I've recently discovered Singaporean food.

It's kind of ironic that I've only tasted Singaporean food here in the Philippines, instead of having some during my stay in Singapore a few months ago. Our first night there, I remember eating beef wanton noodles at a foodcourt...the next day, we ate lunch at Burger King along Orchard Road...the day after that, we ate dinner at some Thai restaurant...during our last night there, we ate at this cool, new Noodle place. And I ordered some Japanese noodles. Hahaha. *sigh*

Oh well. Better late than never.

I've only eaten in 2 Singaporean restaurants in my life: Rasa in the Araneta Center and Lolo Mao in the Podium. I still can't proclaim to be an expert on their cuisine (especially on the names...haha), but I've tasted the more popular dishes, and I can say that I'm already a fan. I've tasted their different versions of Roti (yummm...I can get addicted to this stuff), I've eaten their Hainanese Chicken Rice, their Satay...and of course, their curry. I've tasted some Bak Kuh Teh in Malaysia...It was really good. :) We even bought some ingredients (but of course, we still can't figure out how to make it). I've tried Lolo Mao's version of Bak Kuh Teh...I didn't like it, though. :(

All of this kind of makes me regret not eating any Singaporean food while in SINGAPORE. I mean, that should be some experience, eh? Authentic Roti...*sigh* I can only imagine...

In the meantime, I think I'll just visit Rasa more often. :) Or Lolo Mao...or Penang...:D

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I guess Singaporean food needs an acquired taste. But yes, nothing like the chicken rice and the roti! Yum yum! Di ba roti din yung sa Bana Leaf? I think dun ko first na try. I haven't tried the Bah Kuh Teh you mentioned. The other popular dishes are laksa (but not everyone likes it but I do :D, the hokkien mee (I guess it's just like our lomi), and the kway teow (good spicy noodles). And since you've already tried roti (that's south indian food) try naan too. That one's from north india, the upper class food, also eaten with curry and it's yum yum too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?