Monday, January 03, 2011

I am making this a meaningful year

It's 2011, my last year before I turn 30, and I am set on making this year a very meaningful year. So, with the help of my Navi 2010 & 2011 planners and Bo Sanchez's Soulfood, I have compiled 150 things to do for this year. A bucket list and a list of resolutions combined.

Will cross out items one-by-one. Hopefully, before the year ends, I will have accomplished a substantial amount. :) Whatever happens, I will do it with an open mind and an open heart.

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET STARTED. :)

* * * *

In no particular order:

1. Ride a hot air balloon
2. Do volunteer work
3. Start writing a book
4. Exercise 3 to 5 times per week
5. Wake up early
6. Watch more plays / musicals
7. Beat a video game (First, I should buy myself a Wii)
8. Climb a mountain
9. Have breakfast in bed
10. Watch all of my favorite actor's movies (who? Johnny Depp? Ah! I know! John Lloyd!!! Woohoo!)
11. See the aurora borealis (so I guess I should go to Norway first...)
12. Donate blood
13. Complete my degree
14. Finish a race
15. Make a list of things that make me happy (maybe I should update this list, eh?)
16. Edit my closet (de-clutter!)
17. Visit a museum. :)
18. Lose 5 pounds
19. Go whale watching
20. Learn CPR
21. Reconnect with a childhood friend (isn't that what Facebook is for? Haha)
22. Visit a rainforest
23. Become more organized
24. Swap books with a friend
<strike>25. Go on a road trip (how many times have I said this before?!)</strike>
26. Ride an elephant (go to Thailand!)
27. Help build a house with a charity
28. Ride a camel (go to Egypt!)
29. Learn sign language
30. Find a sport to fall in love with (Pilates! It's a sport to me! )
31. Learn a different language (I should relearn Korean...)
32. Learn to belly dance (had 1 class in Korea...should I enroll in a class here? Hehe)
33. Go spelunking
34. Floss my teeth more often
35. Read at least one book a month (I really should finish the 5 unread books I have at home...)
36. Get published
37. Learn a new word (every day!)
38. Have a flatter stomach (less rice!)
39. Go on a spiritual retreat
40. Get lost (on my road trip! See #25)
41. Learn to meditate (pray more often)
42. Have a photo of me in a newspaper story
43. Experience weightlessness (in a pool, maybe? Or in the sea...)
44. Tour a candy factory (Willy Wonka? Haha)
45. Swim at midnight
46. Redecorate
47. Bake a cake from scratch
48. Throw a party for myself
49. Learn to dance (take dance classes!)
50. Make art
51. Have my palm / cards read
52. Read all of my favorite author's novels (who? Philippa Gregory? Nick Bantock? Cecilia Ahern?)
53. Create a soundtrack to my life
54. Watch a foreign film
55. Go for an early morning jog
56. Have a beach bonfire
57. Ride a bike to work (first, I should rehabilitate Lloydie...or buy a new bike)
58. Learn how to give a massage
59. Upgrade my computer
60. Take a culinary class
61. Make ice cream (or frozen yogurt. I really should make use of my yogurt making machine...)
62. Watch a sports game live
63. Ride in a convertible
64. Go camping (nature sucks. But, fine...I should try it again)
65. Adopt a pet
66. Start a travel journal
67. Write a love letter
68. Take one photo a day
69. Learn to rock climb
70. Run a 20-minute 5k (yeah, right, I can't even run 3k)
71. Invest in the stock market
72. Learn to play my favorite song on the guitar (so much to choose from...)
73. Create a 5-year plan
74. Read a book in one sitting
75. Actually get up when the alarm goes off (hahaha! Should learn to say goodbye to my snooze button)
76. Plan a one-week vacation
77. Actually go on that vacation
78. Drink 3 liters of water a day
79. Go on a spur of the moment road trip (related to #25, but more adventurous, I guess)
80. Take my vitamins
81. Laugh everyday
82. Send someone a postcard
83. Master the art of packing
84. Document my dreams (will start a dream journal soon...)
85. Spend less time online (wahahaha! This is going to be hard)
86. Get a pen pal (uso pa ba to?)
87. Find myself
88. Meet someone famous
89. Stop contradicting myself! (hahaha, guilty as charged)
90. Speak up!!!
91. Create a 2011 wish list
92. Go for regular massages
93. See my favorite band play (who? The Script? Maroon 5? Puwede boyband?)
94. Smile at someone I don't know
95. Do something that matters to someone
96. Learn to cook my favorite dish (related to #60)
97. Ride a gondola in Venice (oh, Europe, when can I see you?)
98. Visit a flea market
99. Get myself a birthday present I've always wanted
100. Fly a kite
101. Create a playlist of my ultimate favorite songs
102. Drink tea (instead of coffee)
103. Spend more time outdoors
104. Make my handwriting into a font (oooh, cool, what's the program for this?)
105. Get lost in a foreign city
106. Go all out on my Christmas decorations
107. Start a new collection (yeah, my shot glasses are getting boring)
108. Fall in love again
109. Get paid to travel
110. Practice the law of attraction
111. Sit up straight!
112. Say no without being guilty about it!
113. Keep track of all the places I have been
114. Make something I will actually use
115. Allow myself one lazy day a week
116. Pick a cause to support or volunteer for
117. Set foot on every continent (What I'm missing: Europe, Africa, South America and Antartica)
118. Find a new favorite restaurant
119. Help a stranger
120. Become better at small talk (yes! I hate small talk!)
121. Save somebody's life
122. Write my name in Japanese / Korean / Chinese
123. Spend an entire day by myself
124. Restart my habit of doing crossword puzzles
125. Make conversation with my seat mate on the plane
126. Play truth or dare - and choose dare
127. Laugh w/ inspiring friends at least once a week (or more)
128. Have mentors in the most important areas of my life
129. Walk 30 minutes a day
130. Go to confession more often
131. Invest 20% of my income every month
132. Eat fruits for breakfast
133. Eat more vegetables (once a day is a good start)
134. Start a business this year
135. Spend time with God every day
136. Date my parents regularly
137. Before I sleep, remove all anger from my heart
138. Forgive
139. Be the kindest person I can be
140. Find my passion and live it fully
141. Give more hugs (and receive as many)
142. Listen to understand, not to reply
143. Celebrate more often
144. Spend more time with our dog, Rocky
145. Make a budget
146. Stick to that budget
147. Refrain from eating junk food
148. Drink 1 glass of milk a day (avoid osteoporosis)
149. Love unconditionally
150. Accept what is given with open eyes, an open mind and an open heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?