Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My, how I've changed...

I was browsing through old blog entries, and I came across this one:

* * * *

FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive.Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Wants to realize dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.


* * * *


The objective of the "game" is to get the supposed traits of your birth month, then strike out anything that doesn't apply to you, or put on bold the *four* traits that best apply to you (The original post where I got this from isn't accessible anymore, so I can't tell you where to get the traits for the other months).


Looking at what I've posted / highlighted / struck out above, I feel like I'm looking at a description of another person. This was posted 6 years ago, and my, how I've changed since then. For the better, for sure. :)


Here is the 2011 version of me:


FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble (shy, not so much anymore. Sometimes nalang. Hehe). Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom (who doesn't?). Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt (I think I'm *still* a bit sensitive. But I've learned to be more rational about my emotions) . Gets angry really easily but does not show it (Well, no, not too easily. I am very patient, I think. But when I do get angry, it's hard not to show it). Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Wants to realize dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.


Of course, this does not encompass my whole personality (aspects of which I, myself, am still not familiar with). These personality tests / games are usually a hit or miss...like one big guessing game. It's pretty silly to generalize people born on the same month, or under the same zodiac sign, right?


So why post this? Well, I guess I just wanted to highlight the difference between 22 year-old Lesley and 28-year-old Lesley (ugh. Soon to be 29...). I'd be pretty disgusted with myself if I didn't change a bit, in 6 years. :)) Glad I had the sense to mature.


Check back in another 6 years. I'll probably be a whole different person then. Why settle for who you are now when you can be so much better, in time? :) An on-going evolution...how exciting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?