Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dancing the Night Away

Tonight, my room is temporarily converted into my own personal club.

Club music is blaring out of my speakers (The Way I Are and Please Don't Stop the Music are the popular choices), and I am jumping around my room like a maniac, my arms, legs and hips trying to keep up with the beat.

My realization: I look like a complete idiot. Hahaha. Why, oh why, don't I know how to dance??? Waha! Good thing nobody can see me. Unfortunately, I have full view of my failed attempts at "cool dance moves," thanks to the mirror covering most of my bedroom wall (yeah, a whole wall. That's vanity for you).

Yesterday, I was carefully following the steps in the High School Musical Dance-Along. Wahaha! Ang corny ko talaga foreverrr. My sister was laughing at me the whole time I was attempting that "Getcha Head In the Game" dance sequence. I thought I did ok during the step-by-step lesson. But when they switched to half-speed, then to full-speed, I was flailing around like a freak. Haaaaah, crazy. :)

Stress can make you do crazy things. Might as well make sure that they're crazy, fun things. :)

Dancing is fun. And Rihanna has got it right when she says: "I gotta get my body movin', shake the stress away." It works! It's a good workout too. I was red in the face (out of exertion and personal embarrassment) within minutes. I reckon I might have lost a couple of pounds right there. Haha. I wish.

Ika nga ni Baz Luhrmann: "Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room." In my case, it's my bedroom. And shakin' my booty (even if I look like I'm having an epileptic attack while doing so), makes me feel oh-so-freeeeeee. Haha.

Whee. Fun. :)

I wish I knew how to dance. That would be soooo cool.

"She's a maniac, maniac on the dance floor. And she's dancing like she's never danced before."

3 comments:

  1. eh kung magpunta na lang tayo sa totoong bar? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, it's not something I'm willing to do in public. Hahahaha. May mga club ba dito sa Pilipinas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing really is one of the purest forms of communication i think; what the body decides to say is hardly ever a lie, which is probably why some people have some trepidation to doing it in public. Tells too much information. Either that or they would just look uncool on the dance floor, haha. Which makes one wonder what it is those people would really want, to know how to dance? Or to be free to dance however they would like in front of a world that won't really understand them completely anyway? malabo ata sinabi ko, hehe.

    -passerby

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?