Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Need Inspiration

My family and I went to Shangri-La Plaza to watch Rush Hour 3 supposedly. We ended up watching Bourne Ultimatum instead. Random anectode from my mom:

Mama: May kasunod pa raw yan ah.
Everyone else: Huh? Talaga?
Mama: Oo. "Bourne Free."
(Wahahaha. Give her a round of applause everyone.)

No trip to the mall is complete without a couple of trips to NBS/Powerbooks. They had a sale, which was completely useless for me anyway, since I have zero funds nowadays.

Had a couple of star sightings in Powerbooks too: Jessica Zafra (we were looking at the same sale bin! Waha!) in her perpetual black garb, and Julius Babao, who looks smaller in person. Hmmm.

Found this really cute book in the Art/Architecture department: Portfolio of Inspirations.


"Creative people" each have their own page wherein they would disclose what their work processes are, what inspires them, and how they translate their inspirations into their work. It is the coolest book everrrr. Malapit na Christmas guys. This is part of my wishlist. It is available in Powerbooks Shangri-La. Hehehehe. Shameless plugging!

What an artist's inspiration notebook looks like

Quotable quote from an artist

There's this other book called Mute: Just Pictograms. A book of little icons/graphics that speak for themselves. Ang cute ng mga concepts! I'm going to try to figure out how to do these in Photoshop. They're so cool. :)


Why are there so many nice books in the world?
Why are there books sales NOW when I am currently low on funds?? Hay.

Kung hindi lang nakakahiya na magpicture sa Powerbooks, I would have taken a picture of every page in those books. Waha!

2 comments:

  1. Nice books are everywhere, but I guess the trick is to find those cool little bookshops that are ALWAYS on sale. There used to be one that had those kinds of books with prices below a thousand(no kidding), dunno if they're around the qc area though. And the pictograms are much easier to do on illustrator than on photoshop...i think:)

    -passerby

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahahaha...in fairness natawa ako sa joke ng mom mo. promise! :) haha!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?